We are happy to announce a strengthening collaboration between AIESEC and AJ+. Now each and every member can contribute and share the great stories of impact AIESEC creates! Read the information from AJ+ and get on-board!
AJ+ Your Story is a new initiative to offer the youth groups at AIESEC a direct line of communication with media professionals like us. We want to open a platform where AIESEC-ers can talk about the projects they lead and share the stories of the community they work with.
As you know, AJ+ is a global news community that highlights human struggles and achievements, empowers impassioned voices, and challenges the status quo.
We know your organization is actively involved in the issues that we cover. But we are also aware that you know the world better than we do. So we want to directly involved the youth leaders in our news gathering process.
How it works:
- Send a request to join the Facebook page “AJ+ Your Story”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ajplusyourstory/
- Once on, create a discussion post about story ideas (don’t do just one, but keep on coming back)
- An AJ+ producer will review and follow-up with the most promising stories
- A producer and videographer will be assigned to shoot and produce the story
- Story will be produced and published on our social media platforms (and shared on the Facebook group page to show the work we do together)
- Story’s development and impact will be tracked and followed-up on
Below are some examples of what we could produce together. All these show small groups, businesses or individuals doing extraordinary things to improve their community. They might seem small, but they resonate across the world.
- Bolivian teen robot inventor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6nEMPqF0Y
- Ghana’s bamboo bike company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHH-Iq-0ac
- Brazil’s artistic occupation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kuHu0EcRlA